Well, I don't really have an integration pre-plan, being that I missed a lot of work this month due to illness.The art teacher and I wrote and received the Picturing America grant, which gave us pictures of masterpieces of American art. The art teacher has been placing a new work of art in the media center each week with questions about the art. The image in the media center this week is Washington Crossing the Delaware by Emanuel Leutze.
The 5th grade is preparing to study the Revolutionary War. When the 5th graders came to the media center this week, we discussed the painting and then watched a BrainPOP video on George Washington. The BrainPOP video touches on George Washington crossing the Delaware.
This was the first time that I had used BrainPOP with students. My student teacher told me about how they have Revolutionary War videos. The students enjoyed watching the video.
No comments:
Post a Comment