Tuesday, December 2, 2008

October Meeting

We spent part of the weekend discussing 21st century learning and skills. We also did a group activity illustrating characteristics of a 21st century learner.

We also used student response systems. I used these at conference a couple of years ago. It is a great way to poll or assess your students or audience. Here is a link to one of the student response systems that we talked about: http://www.turningtechnologies.com/

I attended the podcasting session, since this is what Matthew and I will be collaborating on. I really would like to get a Snowball microphone for our school. I learned some things about GarageBand, which will be useful, since that is what we will be using this year.

I also went to the Smart Board presentation. Our district has some Promethean boards at the high school. My school currently doesn't have any interactive whiteboards. I thought that I should at least get some ideas of how an interactive whiteboard works and how it can be integrated into the curriculum. I was told earlier this school year that we might receive one in our building. We shall see.

I really wish that I could have attended all the sessions that were offered this weekend. It was really hard choosing one session.

No comments: