Being that I am an elementary media specialist, I will be collaborating with a second grade teacher on integrating technology into his curriculum. We have decided to have his students create weather reports that will be posted online.
What resources would we need?
We would need the following:
- a computer or laptop with Audacity (PC or Mac) or GarageBand (Mac)
- a place to post the weather podcasts (The teacher has a classroom web site.)
- a microphone
- time for the students to practice and record their weather reports
- a quiet space for recording
- support for recording the podcasts and preparing and posting them to the classroom web site
What barriers might arise?
The students might have stage fright or other issues when recording. Another issue is finding a quiet enough space. The media center is a busy place. Time may also become an issue.
What are appropriate technology tools or strategies to meet his instructional goals?
Students working in pairs will record a weather report podcast. This will be done during their weather unit, which begins in March 2009.
What preparation will students need to effectively use a new tool or strategy?
Students will need time to create their weather reports. We discussed having a form that they can fill out. This will be done in the classroom in the morning. Students will also need time to practice. I will assist students with recording and posting their weather podcasts.
I am excited about podcasting with students and collaborating.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment